Ben Todd | Jun 3, 2017 | 2
The eCheck community (that is, organizations that support eChecks) is comprised of banks, government agencies, technology vendors and industry associations, that have worked closely since 1995 to bring eCheck to reality. Over 15 years ago, there were 15 core members of this community participated in a U. S. Treasury market trial that demonstrated not only the technical feasibility but also the commercial benefits of eCheck. As of 2015, this list has grown to include a network of worldwide organizations including banks, technology companies, and many more.
The banking community includes:
- Agorics, Inc.
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Bank of Montreal
- BBN Technologies
- Biometric Associates, Inc.
- Certicom Corporation
- Citigroup, Inc.
- Clareon Corporation
- Electronic Check Clearing House Organization (ECCHO)
- Federal Reserve Bank of Boston
- Financial Services Technology Consortium
- FleetBoston Financial Corporation
- Huntington Bank
- IBM Corporation
- IntraNet, Inc.
- J.P. Morgan Chase & Company
- National Semiconductor
- Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- PayExpress, Inc.
- RDM Corporation
- SafeNet, Inc.
- Sun Microsystems
- Telcordia Technologies, Inc.
- U.S. Department of Defense (DFAS)
- U.S. Department of Treasury
- Xign Corporation
Major Payment Gateways Supporting eChecks:
Note, this list is by no means comprehensive. As of 2015, the list is huge. But the point remains that pretty much every major banking organization and most payment systems support the eCheck initiative.
If you are interested in learning more or becoming involved, please contact CommerceNet.