Checking accounts are necessary in today’s world. Unfortunately, if you have a history of risky financial behavior (which may include bad credit), you can find yourself barred from opening a checking or savings account. Your credit history (which is tracked by the 3 major credit bureaus) affects your ability to get credit — credit cards, loans, mortgages, etc — but it does not directly affect your ability to open a bank account. But. Financial institutions have their own version of a credit check that tracks your banking behavior rather than your credit history. This behavior is recorded by most of...Read More
Author: Ben Todd
Our Best Savings Account review for 2017 is a little different to our usual review articles. In most cases, we highlight the very best banks, credit cards or accounts. However, in this case, we have featured quite a few savings accounts rather than just a handful of the best. The reason we have highlighted a higher number of savings accounts is because we couldn’t honestly separate these savings accounts. We found the best savings accounts in the country, and we narrowed down our list. We removed savings accounts that were not secure, that were unreliable, and that were of...Read More
ChexSystems, a company you’ve probably never heard about until you find your name in it. Then a nightmare begins where you are ousted from the banking system. Existing bank accounts are suddenly closed by your bank. Attempts at opening a new bank account at various national and local banks result in flat out rejections. Welcome to the wonderful world of ChexSystems. Most banks in the US use ChexSytems to screen new clients. It’s like having horrible credit, except while credit affects only your ability to secure credit products, a bad ChexSystems record affects your very ability to live. Without...Read More
Can’t open a bank account in 2017 due to Chexsystems or Telecheck problems? Well some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that if you have a ChexSystems problem, you are going to have to fight it or wait a few years for your name to be dropped from the ChexSystems database. The good news is that you STILL can open a bank account with your name in the ChexSystems database There are two methods: opening a second chance account or finding a bank that does not use ChexSystems. In this article, we’ll cover how to...Read More
Our review of the best bank accounts for kids are all savings accounts. After all, your kid will not need a checking account for paying bills or getting paid into, and it is highly irresponsible giving a child a debit card if said child is under the age of 16yrs old. That is why all the banks on our best bank accounts for kids review article are savings accounts. You may use the account to teach your child about saving, or you may use it to save for your child’s college education. The Best Of The Best Bank Accounts...Read More
- Why Is Travel Insurance So Expensive? Can I Cheat It Cheaper?
- Travel Guard Insurance User Reviews
- Allianz Travel Insurance User Reviews
- 11 Ways To Get Yourself Banned As An Uber Driver
- The Pros And Cons Of Uber – Are They Better Than Taxis?
- The Pros And Cons Of HelloFresh – Plus Notes On Their Vegetarian Meals
- Which Are Covered Illnesses When Buying Travel Insurance?
- Poor-Quality House Selling Pictures And The Terrible Excuses That Follow
- Privacy.com Review
- How To Write Ads To Help Sell Your House
- Do I Need Travel Insurance? Questions And Answers Without Resorting To Page 2 Of Google
- Buying Travel Insurance? Find Out How Quotes Are Made, What Is Covered, And Why You Shouldn’t Buy Travel Insurance
- 12 Of The Most Powerful Ways to Optimize Your AirBnB Listings
- How To Make a Sales Rep Redundancy-Proof (And How To Be A Better Seller)
- 13 Reasons Why Trip Cancellation Insurance Is A Waste Of Money